After the huge success and the amazing feedback from the attendees and the stream viewers last year, we are proud to announce the next Chapter of Damagermany, one of the best Tekken events in Europe, made for all players, from novice to pros.
Damagermany will be held for the second time in the small city of Krefeld – near Düsseldorf or Cologne, two of the most beautiful cities in Germany.
This tournament will take place in one of the best gaming locations in the country: The TakeTV Gaming Bar.
DamagermanY never was a simple Tekken Tournament to begin with, it always was a big event not only for pros but especially for novice players. We promise all the players a lot of freeplay where every attendee can get as much enjoyment from a variety of challengers and/or hyped money matches.
Also during the tournament, thanks to the Point/League System of the first Pool Phase, every player in the group of 8 players will have the opportunity to play against all the other 7 players in his/her group. This event is valuable for each and every hype seeking Tekken Player that wants experience and recognition.
Welcome to DamagermanY: the event run by players, for the players.
Prize Pool: Minimum $2250, more depending on number of participants.
Current Prize Breakdown:
· The main platform for the tournament will be Playstation 4, however if BOTH players agree to play on PC, they may change to PC only if available
· All matches will be 3/5 rounds, 60 seconds
· Players are responsible for providing their own controllers and converters
· Wireless controllers must be disconnected immediately after use
· Controllers and converters with custom software installed to gain an unfair advantage are strictly forbidden
· Button checks are only allowed before the start of the match otherwise the player must forfeit one round (only at opponent or referee’s discretion, referee has final say)
Pausing during a match will result in forfeiting the round unless there is an adequate reason for the pause
· Both opponents are obligated to disconnect all bluetooth devices on the PS4 BEFORE starting a match. If a match is interrupted by a third controller, the match must proceed as it is. Both opponents are responsible for disconnecting all bluetooth devices prior to their matches
· If both players request the same side, they must decide by a coin toss. Winner gets right to choose
· Admins reserve the right to award a victory on a case-by-case basis
· Character Random Select is not allowed
· The first stage will be selected randomly, from then on the loser can decide the stage.
· Players are allowed to request blind pick if they wish to
· Only the losing player is allowed to change character after receiving a loss, the winner must remain with the chosen character
· In case of a draw in the group stages, the one with the most winning sets will be the winner. If this is also a tie, the final standings are determined by a win-loss ratio. If there is a further tie between players at the end of the group win-loss ratio tally, the rankings will be determined by a one match playoff between the players involved regardless of who won their original match.
· In a three way tie situation, the three players will play each other a maximum of three times until there is a clear winner. If no winner arises from this, the rounds won during the three way tie playoff will be counted and the player with the most rounds won in total will be the winner.
Pool Standings & Points System
· Each player challenges every other player in his/her pool in a best of 3/first to 2 series
· A win counts as 2 points, a loss counts as 0 points
· The top 4 players of each pool qualify for the double elimination bracketer
· The top 4 in all the pools will be entered in the double elimination bracket
· In the event of a technical malfunction, a player must notify an admin immediately
· In the event of a crash, the current round will be replayed. Players are to replicate both meter (DLC characters) and health gauge and restart the round
· Match fixing of any kind is prohibited
· Players caught purposely throwing the match will be disqualified from the tournament
· Players must be ready 10 minutes before the time of the match
· If a player is not present at the time of the match, the first game will be forfeited
· If a player is not present 10 minutes after the time of the match, the match will be forfeited
· Bathroom breaks are not allowed in between rounds
· Players are only allowed in the tournament area when tournament officials permit
· Players’ coaches or team affiliates are not allowed to disturb other players during the match
· Players will forfeit their match if a designated coach or team affiliate causes obstruction during the match
· Causing unnecessary delay of a match will result in a forfeit
· Repeated offences will result in disqualification of the tournament
Players disqualified from the tournament will forfeit all of their prize money earned and have their actions reported to the staff
· DamagermanY staff reserve the right to remove any disruptive or disrespectful players from the tournament and/or the tournament building or venue
· Any kind of disrespect, bullying or physical agression may result in the player being disqualified
If any of the above rules are broken, penalties will be given out on par with the penalized action by tournament officials. It remains the right of the DamagermanY tournament officials to have the final say in ALL matters regarding the administration and rulings of the tournament. Administrators will never ask a competitor to determine a ruling which affects multiple parties.
Tournament officials reserve the right to modify the rules as needed. This includes changes due to software updates or releases, event organiser decisions and all other changes deemed necessary to run a successful tournament. Players are responsible to check the rules on a regular basis and prior to the event to ensure they are in complete compliance. Players must understand that rules listed are guidelines to ensure fair and competitive play and are subject to interpretation by tournament officials based on the spirit of the game.
Double Elimination Bracket:
·Top 64 will be played in a best of 3 match format
· Top 32 will be played in a best of 5 match format
· Losers Final will be played in a best of 7 match format
· Winners Final will be played in a best of 7 match format
· Grand Finals will be played in a best of 7 match format
Dates and Schedule:
FRIDAY 12th April (optional function):
18:00-00:00: Meet & Greet with the superstars of Tekken
We will arrange an optional small session on Friday evening where European players will have the unique opportunity to play against their Korean, Japanese or American idols and rivals. This is also a chance to arrange some sick hype money matches between all the players, can be streamed on request.
SATURDAY 13th April:
10:00 – 12:00: Setting Up and Signing In/Warm up
Between these times you can come down and sign in, prepare your mind and your hands for the big showdown, play freeplay, money matches and get yourself ready in whatever way you need. Don’t miss out on this important time.
12:00-19:00 : Pool/Group Phase
20:00-23:00 : Top 64
23:00 – 01:00 Freeplay/Money matches
SUNDAY 14th April
11:00 – 13:00 : Warm up/ freeplay/ money matches
12:00-18:00 : 32 Double elemination Bracket
18:00-20:00 : Top 8
21:00 : Victory Ceremony
21:00-20:00 : Freeplay/Money matches